PDA

View Full Version : Anteaeolidiella sea slug

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-12-2018, 04:04 PM
I spend the major amount of my photography time with seashore life nowadays, so I'll be posting some of my observations here (most of them are usually record images). :)

This is a nudibranch sea slug called Anteaeolidiella, from Goa. A very long tongue-twisting name, but unfortunately there is no standard English name for this one! It is a very common sea slug in rock pools, and grows to about 2.5cm in length, though smaller ones are more common. It is carnivorous, and is known to feed on sea anemones.

Canon 760D, Canon 100mm Macro USM
SS 1/160
Av 16
ISO 400
Built-in flash used
Full frame

Mrudul Godbole
26-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Lovely colours and good details. Liked the diagonal composition. There is something on the top right corner? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-01-2019, 05:20 PM
This is vibrant and lovely. There are so many colourful species that it would take a lifetime to shoot all. Do you have a vertical image? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Thanks.

Sabyasachi - I was going for ID-grade record shots at the time, so I don't recall shooting any verticals...

Mrudul - It is a sea anemone. Not sure it is one of the food species for this slug.

Prajwal J Ullal
25-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Awesome shot, amazing sighting and that sea anemone seems to have the best camouflage feeling