PDA

View Full Version : On the Tree - The Black Panther

Shyamala Kumar
08-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Nikon 850+200-500 F/5.6 ISO4000 .This was before he descended and crossed behind the vehicle .As I had mentioned earlier it was difficult to get a clear shot through the thick foliage and intervening branches but any glimpse of this exotic aberration of nature was precious .

Murugan Anantharaman
09-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Pretty amazing to see this elusive cat, Shyamalaji. While just a brief glimpse of the black panther is in the wish list of many, you have been fortunate to not only photograph this cat but also able to observe it in action. Super expressive eyes and beautiful velvety coat documented very nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Deepak Mistry
10-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Excellent capture Shyamlaji! Actually I like this one better than the previous one. Reminds me of Bagheera from the famous novel Jungle Book. Thanks for sharing.

Prashant Gandhi
10-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Another excellent shot Shyamalaji! Your both the pictures of Black Panther are amazing! Keep sharing such amazing pictures with us! :)

Mrudul Godbole
10-01-2019, 10:46 AM
You have got it nicely through the trees and the vegetation. The green eyes are so captivating against the dark coat. Its surely is a blessed feeling to watch this amazing creation of nature. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Nice to see another image of melanistic leopard. Wish the tree in front was not there. I wonder how the regular leopards view the melanistic ones. Do they call them blackie? :) Or racism is only present with us humans?

V S Sankar
13-01-2019, 10:58 AM
Good one!Its nice to see the Leopard gazing upwards at something.The balck panther sighting quite good at Kabini except when we made a visit!

Regards

Shyamala Kumar
19-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Thank you Ananthram, Deepak , Prashant ,V S Shankar , Mrudul and Sabyasachi for your valuable comments and encouragements .