PDA

View Full Version : Lurking in the dark

Prajwal J Ullal
24-01-2019, 09:45 PM
ID: Scorpion(Specific id help appreciated)

A frame of the scorpion, pretty lethargic one as it hardly moved much, probably due to the cold weather of the morning, sat under the shade of the rock, right next to the path of the trail. Though the overall trail had dried up with hardly any sightings, this awesome sighting made the whole effort of traversing the trail worth it.
I wanted to capture some passerby, the local villagers who regularly move around carrying some wood, in the frame along with this beauty, unfortunately non passed this area and eventually I had to give up on it, settling for this frame

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 10-18 IS
F/13
Shutterspeed 1/6 sec
ISO 200

Rested on the floor, Fill-in flash fired

Special thanks to Anil Kumar Verma Sir for lending this Canon 10-18 IS, came in very handy for such frames

Mrudul Godbole
25-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Great sighting. Its so nicely camouflaged in the dried leaves. Resting the camera on the ground has helped, as the shutter speed was quite low. How did you spot it under the rock? Thanks for sharing.

Prajwal J Ullal
25-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Yes, it was underneath it

Sabyasachi Patra
25-01-2019, 05:24 PM
This tells a story. I think slightly more space on the left would have been great. Your wider compositions are better. Focus on that.