PDA

View Full Version : Nilgiri Tahr

Sabyasachi Patra
08-02-2019, 07:09 PM
This is from Eravikulam. This time we sighted Nilgiri Tahr at a distance. Canon EOS 1DX Mark II, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM + 2xIII TC @ 400mm, f16, evaluative +2/3

Shyamala Kumar
12-02-2019, 01:58 PM
Beautiful environmental composition . The breathtaking quality of the Nilgiris beautifully captured . Thanks for sharing .

Murugan Anantharaman
13-02-2019, 08:20 AM
The terrain is ample proof of the Tahr's trekking capabilities. I have always marveled at these mountain goats's hiking capabilities, even more so when they descend. Here it looks like the Tahr is descending the slope of the mountain and exactly knows where to take the next step. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-02-2019, 01:00 PM
I was using the 70-200 with 2x. It was not balanced well in the tripod. For a moment I tried pushing the lens back to adjust the balance and suddenly the Tahr had managed to go down the cliff before my next shot. It was so effortless and looked normal that I got fooled by the speed.

Disha Parchani
15-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Nice one! Beautiful environmental Composition. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
17-02-2019, 05:03 AM
Lovely composition. For a long time it was resting on the top of the mountain on a rock and we kept waiting for it.
Then sudddenly it got up and started coming down the steep slope. The way it managed the slope shows how comfortable they are on the steep rocks. Just a moments wait at this point helped us to photograph it with the surroundings. No other Tahrs came close, maybe as there were lot of people.

Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
17-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Fantastic pic of a male Nilgiri Tahr.The females outnumber males by a large margin!You are fortunate to have witnessed at least this one.When we visited no Tahr showed up!

Regards

V S Sankar

Prashant Gandhi
18-02-2019, 10:25 AM
I have never seen Nilgiri Tahr! You have captured it very nicely! Your collection is always wonderful, and this one is also amazing! I just love it! :)

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-03-2019, 06:53 AM
Nice image of adult male with distinctive grizzled shoulder patch on the back. Nice composition with slopes of mountain terrain
it is capable of negotiating with ease.Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild