PDA

View Full Version : Sub-adult Indian Paradise Flycatcher

Anil Kumar Verma
08-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Dear Friends,

Sinhagad Valley in Pune near Khadakvasla Lake is well known for birding. There were many sightings of forest birds, mainly flycatchers of various species.

Towards the end of our walk , came across this specimen , which in my opinion was quite used to human presence & allowed to shoot closely.

Hope you like & enjoy it.

EXIF : Canon 550D, Tamron 100-400mm @ 400mm, f/7.1, Tv: 1/800, ISO :320, Medium Crop

Regards/ Anil Kumar Verma

Disha Parchani
12-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Nice capture. Its peak is amazing as well as its feathers too. Quite interesting bird. Keep it on!

Mangru Minz
12-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Nice lighting and eye contact, beautifully captured.

Murugan Anantharaman
13-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Nice picture of the Paradise flycatcher, Vermaji. These birds can normally be seen in 2 variants/plumage- black and brown as in this image and black and white in Maharashtra/rest of India. Infact a good place to sight them near Mumbai would be valley park in Belapur where have sighted both plumages. It does seem to be used to humans, quite a close photo of this bird. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Nice to see this one. I like the eye contact.

A lot of photographers visit the place and they place sticks etc as perch. Some even bring their own sticks where they mark their copyright in the stick so that others can't click. I have even heard of men asking their betterhalf to place dupatta to get a clean background. Hey that is my wife's dupatta. How can you click? Men and then games! :ohmy:
So I have avoided that place in my visits. Not sure how the competitive photography scene is in that place these days.

When there is a crop, it is very important to get the critical focus right. Also a higher depth of field helps in those situations. So I would prefer to employ f8/f9 in these situations. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prashant Gandhi
14-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Nice to see this cute little bird! Great shot, Anilkumar ji. Amazing photo! :thumbup1:

Mrudul Godbole
15-02-2019, 12:10 PM
The vertical composition looks good. The crest and the eye contact adds to the composition. I feel just a little bit less space on the right would have been nice. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing Anilji.

Govind Vijayakumar
21-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Beautiful shot and composition

Dheerendra Singh
24-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Nicely captured.