PDA

View Full Version : The dragon has landed

Prajwal J Ullal
01-03-2019, 09:58 PM
ID: Common Picturewing

While returning back from the winter trail, we stumbled upon this beautiful specimen, just at the entrance of the trail, flying off and resting on the tip of different plants, eventually deciding to rest on this location. Surprisingly, the otherwise restless and hyper active behaviour turned into a very lazy one, as despite our approach towards it, it hardly twitched and stayed kaput on the tip, aiding us to get some good frontal shot of the beauty.

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
F/9
Shutterspeed 1/160
ISO 640

Handheld, External flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
04-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Different perspective. I feel the perch is a bit distracting. Maybe if possible a more close-up view would have been good to get more focus on its head area. Thanks for sharing.

Prashant Gandhi
18-03-2019, 11:09 AM
I like this shot. The different angle of shooting is amazing! But I agree with Mrudul, the perch is distracting! Otherwise, the idea is superb! :)

Sabyasachi Patra
23-05-2019, 02:54 PM
It is difficult to get a very nice depth of field as the working distances are low. In this shot the perch appears distracting because that is in focus and the depth of field doesn't cover the dragonfly. The angle is different. May be if you were able to use f16 or so then the things would have been a bit different. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi