PDA

View Full Version : Streak Throated Woodpecker

Murugan Anantharaman
22-04-2019, 08:23 AM
This is a picture from my last trip to the Indian jungles, in Dec-18. This was taken in Mudumalai last December during our evening safari. We entered the forest at around 3pm in our large camper and 10 mins into the jungle we saw a lesser golden backed woodpecker and were busy taking pictures when my daughter slowly whispered ' daddy another one' and when I turned around saw this streak throated. We were quite surprised to find 2 species so close to each other however it was a bonus for us. The bird gave us ample time to photograph it before it flew into the denser parts of the forest.

Nikon D7k, f/5.6,SS 1/640,ec +.3, 420mm(1.4xTC +300mm f4)

Mrudul Godbole
22-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Murugan, you were lucky that you got ample time to photograph it :). Normally it is very agile and difficult to photograph. Nice pose and good eye contact. Maybe just a bit less space on the left (after the bark) would enhance the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
22-04-2019, 09:41 PM
This image accurately shows the habitat and the bird. That's how we see in banidpur/mudumalai etc. I agree that less space on the left would be better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Shyamala Kumar
24-04-2019, 08:32 PM
A very difficult one to capture.Nice composition reflecting the agile movement of the bird. Thanks for sharing .

Mangru Minz
05-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Nice eye contact, beautiful frame.