PDA

View Full Version : Pack of Wild Dogs on a Hunt!

Praveen Siddannavar
17-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Shot this at Bandipur

Canon EOS 40D, Canon Lens EF IS 100-400mm, Tv 1/500, Av 5.6, ISO 400

Mrudul Godbole
17-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Nice enviornment photograph. The low angle is good. A higher DOF would have helped to get the entire pack in focus. It would have been if the road would have started from where you photographed, enhancing the composition further.

Seems you got a lot of time with Dholes :-). When was this trip to bandipur?

Sabyasachi Patra
17-09-2009, 07:51 PM
I like the low angle. I agree that a narrow aperture would have been better. One stop narrow aperture from f5.6 to f8 would have brought down the shutter speed to 1/250 from 1/500th of second. The focus is on the left dhole. However the dhole on the right side of the frame is slightly ahead and hence is not in focus.

Alternately, waiting for a few seconds for the dhole on the lower right to move out of the frame would have given you a better composition. You could have then moved the camera slightly to your left, so that there were more space at the left.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
17-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi & Mrudul - firstly must appreciate your patience in commenting in detail to all members ofcourse Bibhav too has been doing this. Your expertise is helping me think before i click, for now i am still in learning process but over a period of time I will start implementing on field.

Which is the good software for editing, i hv one provided by Canon, then i hv Adobe Photshop & Picasa.

Mrudul what is DOF that you mentioned in your comments?

Sabyasachi Patra
18-09-2009, 10:14 AM
DOF is the short form of Depth of Field. Please check the discussions related to depth of field in the following thread:

http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1081

Abhishek Jamalabad
18-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Nice shot, agree abt the dof. This image has a nice feel of the dholes spreading out in different directions.

Bibhav Behera
18-09-2009, 02:56 PM
The low angle works nicely here... The DOF would be the only nit as already pointed out