PDA

View Full Version : Spot Billed Pelican

Mrudul Godbole
20-06-2019, 10:37 AM
This was photographed in my trip to Ranganathittu a few months back. As that time there was more water (due to the rains from Kerala), there was no boating allowed and so I took some photographs from far of the birds diving and taking off. The light was constantly changing, so initially had opted for a higher ISO to get a high shutter speed for the diving birds.

Canon 80D, Canon 100-400mm L IS USM lens, f8, ISO 1600, 1/5000, hand held, full frame

Comments and critiques welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
25-06-2019, 08:08 PM
I see some water droplets falling down from its beak. Did it take a mouthful while flying low over water before this shot? The wingtips have come out sharp as well. This shot shows the habitat well. At a distance there are a few birds on the ground showing that this is a regular heronry. The overall greenery looks fine. These days it is a bit difficult to shoot in Ranganathittu as they have raised tall wire mesh and one can't stand on the banks and shoot. Shooting charges have been phenomenally raised with a levy for lenses above 200mm. Unbelievable but true. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Shyamala Kumar
26-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Beautiful freeze.The partially head onl shot adds to the image.Thanks for sharing .