PDA

View Full Version : The monster within

Prajwal J Ullal
20-06-2019, 09:47 PM
ID: Beetle(specific id appreciated)

While we were framing the massive mushroom bloom along the bark of the tree, while I was just about to press the shutter release button, I noticed some movement along a hole that was next to the mushroom. On close observation, I could see some movement, but since it was a cloudy day and near a densely covered area, I wasnt able to identify the reason for the movement, on firing the led light, I realized it was a beetle that was boring into the tree bark and already had done some more holes next to it. It kept on going deep into the hole, probably extracting some material, and dumping it out. Since it was inside the hole, getting the lighting right and majorly, getting the focus right was a major task, especially since it was quite higher on the tree.
EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
F/7.1
Shutterspeed 1/160
ISO 250
Handheld, external flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
21-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Nice. The golden part of the face looks like it is wearing some kind of shield :). Wish the top right corner was less bright, as it is a bit distracting. Understand it was difficult for you to frame, you have got it nicely in the given circumstances. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Tough scene to shoot. Is your external flash attached to your camera? Less of space at the top would strengthen the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi