PDA

View Full Version : Just hanging out

Prajwal J Ullal
14-07-2019, 08:16 PM
ID: Jewel beetle

Came across this magnificent and massive beetle taking refugee under the stem of a plant. While attempting to frame it, through the distractions, it suddenly decided to get off its hind legs and extend its hind side. Surprised with this move, i took a small break and observed it, trying to understand the reason fro this awkward movement, only to realize it was getting in this position to get the load off(to dispose some shit). Unfortunately as I moved back to observe this, I missed out on the opportunity to frame that moment.

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
F/6.3
Shutterspeed 1/125
ISO 250
Handheld, External flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
15-07-2019, 01:27 PM
You missed to capture the behavior, but you have observed it and I am sure next time you will be prepared :). The water droplets on its back look nice. I think a vertical framing would also have looked good. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-07-2019, 05:18 PM
We can learn so much while watching these insects. So much to learn. Keep on observing and sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Prajwal J Ullal
16-07-2019, 09:34 PM
@Mrudul ma'm, I too thought the vertical framing would work well, unfortunately there where other leaves from the neighbouring plant that was causing distractions, so had to go ahead with this frame