PDA

View Full Version : Hanumangundi Falls

Subramanya Shankar
18-09-2009, 07:53 AM
The below photo was taken at hanumangundi falls a popular tourist attraction in kudremukh. The force of the falls has caused a few drops of water to be sprinkled on the lens.
EXIF Details
Camera : Canon 40d
Lens: Canon 10-22mm
Shutter Speed: 1/5s
Aperture: f/29
ISO:100
Exposure Compensation : -0.67EV

Mrudul Godbole
18-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Lovely fall. I like the diagonal composition of the waterfall. Nice grain in the water. There is a slight shake, were you handholding the camera? It would have been good if you had moved the frame a bit more to the left to avoid the dark corner on the right side bottom.

Look forward to more..

Sabyasachi Patra
18-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Were you handholding? Or shooting through a polythene cover?

With these slow shutter speeds it is important to use tripod and if possible mirror lockup. The overall image looks dark. Why this -0.67EC?

Since you were using a wide angle lens, I think you could have used a a wider aperture say f16 or so and still have got the water nicely. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Bibhav Behera
18-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Agree about the shake... F29 is more than what was required. F16 odd would have been fine i guess. Also why -2/3 EC?

Subramanya Shankar
22-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Sabyasachi/Mridul

I dont have a tripod and i was shooting handheld. As this is a popular tourist spot lot of people i had only one place from where i could get this shot. Sabyasachi , i am not aware of how to use mirror lockup. I'll be happy if u can post some details as to how to use it and in which situations it will be useful, so that i can start using it

Sabyasachi Patra
22-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Subramanya,

In case you don't have a tripod, then try to place it on a firm support. You can look for a rock or even keep it on your camera bag. That would be better for low shutter speed images.

Please check the following link for details on Mirror Lock up:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410

Mirror lock up is a big help in landscape photography. It is better used with a cable release. Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi