PDA

View Full Version : Himalayan Grey Treepie

Murugan Anantharaman
26-07-2019, 09:45 AM
The relentless mountain sun rays though very soft in the mornings and evenings, can get harsh in the afternoons. While it bothers some for others its an opportunity to feed more. I saw this Himalayan Grey Treepie busy feeding during mid-day with the heat not really bothering it. Well since it was Pokhri the heat was lesser than what it would have been in the plains, nevertheless it made me hide behind a garden umbrella while spying on the bird quietly. The distinct long tail can be seen if observed closely.

Nikon D7500, f/7.1, ss1/250, iso 250, ec +.3, 460mm (Nikon 200-500mm)

Mrudul Godbole
26-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Nice sighting. Agree its good to be in the field during the day (even when the light gets harsh) and see what you can sight and make the most of it :). The long tail feathers can be see behind the leaves. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-07-2019, 06:29 PM
Treepies (of different species) can be common to a locality and often ignored. I remember the driver laughing when I was clicking treepies in ladakh.

The birds are not spoilt by the office AC that they won't feed during afternoon. :) Good to see that you had a great time in Pokhri. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi