PDA

View Full Version : The shiny eyes off the wood

Prajwal J Ullal
08-08-2019, 10:22 AM
ID: Tree frog

While enjoying the beautiful butterfly garden and the premonsoon beauty of the paradise in the heart of the filmy world, or rather the other way round, came across a very interesting sight. What seemed to be a shiny bit of a piece in the dried and harsh textured bark of the tree, it was surprising to see a tree frog perched in the dark cranny, shyingly keeping a look out, probably for a prey or preventing any predator. The colour and the texture almost blended with the tree’s texture making it almost invisible from distance, surprising how so many visitors never noticed it. In an attempt to frame what I experienced, i tried out this frame with shallower DOF

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
F/4
Shutterspeed 1/400
ISO 1250
Handheld, No flash fired

Sabyasachi Patra
17-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Very interesting. One may not notice in the first instance. I think less space at the top and more at the bottom may have been tried. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Lovely. Very nice use of shallow DoF. Did you try this at any other aperture values as well?

Mrudul Godbole
19-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Interesting composition. Good details in the eye. You can compose as per the rule of thirds, that will strengthen the image further. Thanks for sharing.