PDA

View Full Version : Sunderbans diary Jul-19

Vipin Sharma
12-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Swamp tiger.
Seeing a tiger in Sunderbans , itself send adrenaline rush to maximum level. This was my second trip to Sunderban and what a trip to conclude.We sighted two tigers and saw them crossing the canal(almost 1/2km).
Tigers in Sunderbans are very lean and has more reddish in color. Don't know the real reason.
Canon 5D M IV , Canon 500mm f/4 + 1.4 converter , ISO-640 , EC -1/3 , Hand held , f/8 , 1/200

Sabyasachi Patra
13-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Great sighting of a tiger in Sundarbans! These tigers have to do phenomenal amount of hard work just to move within muddy swamps and swim in tide. So obviously they will be lean. The size of prey also decides on the smaller build. For coat colour you need to also take into account the complete absence of dust in sundarbans.

Is this a big crop? I would have loved a higher shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vipin Sharma
13-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Great sighting of a tiger in Sundarbans! These tigers have to do phenomenal amount of hard work just to move within muddy swamps and swim in tide. So obviously they will be lean. The size of prey also decides on the smaller build. For coat colour you need to also take into account the complete absence of dust in sundarbans.

Is this a big crop? I would have loved a higher shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dada , no crop. in an adrenaline rush :scared: :drool:I forgot to increase the ISO and hence resulted into low shutter speed due to overcast weather.

Vipin

Mrudul Godbole
19-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Amazing sighting. Really lucky to sight a tiger in Sunderbans. Lovely display of habitat and also good to get it looking towards you. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
25-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Nice pic of the tiger captured!Nice bit of info from Sabyaji!

Regards

V S Sankar

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-08-2019, 07:20 PM
Rare sighting. Ace photography. Is it in Pirkhali area? What I have heard from fishermen, crab catchers and some field directors who visited the denser southern part of the Sundarbans also, is that they have come across big male tigers. Such males do come to tourism area. Main constraints are that you cannot cover large area or look beyond banks of rivers or creeks into deep jungle.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild