PDA

View Full Version : Tiger in Corbett

Sabyasachi Patra
21-08-2019, 05:26 PM
This is from Corbett National Park from my archives.

It was evening and the tiger was slowly walking along a dry river bed. Generally an image where the subject is moving away from the frame doesn't work. However, the evening light, the round rocks and boulders that had rolled along the river for ages and were glistening in the light and the distant blue sky were all giving a nice feeling. So I clicked to capture that moment.

At 800mm (400mm F2.8 L IS USM lens with 2xII TC), f5.6, 1/250mm

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-08-2019, 06:19 AM
How tranquil ! How quiet ! The 'white spots' or ' 'illusionary eyes' on the back of the ears (presumably) to fool the prey or to discourage the predator who attacks from behind, appear bright. Wonderful image. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Chitrita Chatterjee
22-08-2019, 06:48 AM
How beautiful. I feel the pic is more effective coz it is showing the tiger walking peacefully. You hv captured the calm surroundings so perfectly. Thanks fr sharing

Mrudul Godbole
23-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Beautiful and serene surroundings. Lovely light and good details. One place I am planning to visit for such a long time, still not able to go :(. Hopefully soon. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Beautiful and serene surroundings. Lovely light and good details. One place I am planning to visit for such a long time, still not able to go :(. Hopefully soon. Thanks for sharing.
I think this is a place where we need the company of Saktipada dada and his unending stories of an era which will never come back and the wildlife and wilderness will also never come back.

Shyamala Kumar
23-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Captures the timeless beauty of Corbett .The ground level shot looks good .The out of focus rocks in the fore ground does take away from the effectiveness of the image .Thanks for sharing .

Saktipada Panigrahi
25-08-2019, 08:38 AM
Shri Sabyasachi,
I visited Corbett in Feb 1973 and May 1988. Things might have changed but for many reasons, I believe, it will remain eternal for ever. I am still dreaming about Corbett.
Kind regards,
SaktiWild

V S Sankar
25-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Agree with Saktiji's comments of tranquility and quiteness!...The recent Bear Grylls programme with our prime minister has added an aura to Jim Corbett NP...I too want to visit this place!

Regards

V S Sankar