PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Green

Arun Acharjee
08-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Their appearances make me applaud. Their movement, skill of camouflage, those spines, technique of hunting everything is very interesting. It was my last subject of the day because I often lost in them while framing their beauty.

ID: Indian Flower Mantis(?) Juvenile(√)

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 105mm Macro VR
ISO: 500
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Aperture: f/16

Handheld, Edited, Cropped, No flash
Thank you.😊

Mrudul Godbole
09-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Typical mantis pose. It is so nicely camouflaged in the leaves. How much crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Nice to see this one. It is difficult to notice them. The holes in the leaves tell a story. Have you changed the background? The minimum focusing distance of your lens is around 1 feet. Fortunately this is a bigger subject than some of the spiders. Else the crop would have been even bigger. I am curious to see the uncropped version so as that we can think of alternate framing. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Arun Acharjee
09-09-2019, 07:36 PM
This one is the full frame image with same editing. The previous image has no background change, clone, patch, no use of any brush. I generally edit in RAW(.NEF for Nikon) mode in photoshop. In most cases exposure, highlight, shadow, white, black, vibrance and sharpness are the common fields those I deal with. The unicolored(almost) green background is due to a paddy field behind.
Thank you:001_smile: