PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks...

Tanmoy Sarkar
16-10-2019, 03:32 AM
The photo was taken in a nearest forest of my locality.. Took so many shots to get a perfect one. Well there's no perfection at all. But I was quite happy with this photo.
Restless Blue tailed bee eaters.
Nikon D7200 with 200-500 mm.
1/4000
f/5.6
ISO 125

Tanmoy Sarkar
16-10-2019, 03:40 AM
The photo was taken in a nearest forest of my locality.. Took so many shots to get a perfect one. Well there's no perfection at all. But I was quite happy with this photo.
Restless Blue tailed bee eaters.
Nikon D7200 with 200-500 mm.
1/4000
f/5.6
ISO 125

Mrudul Godbole
16-10-2019, 12:47 PM
Great to see so many bee-eaters in one tree. Looks like a bouquet of colourful flowers :). The birds taking off with the wing spread looks nice. Is this a crop? There seems to be some loss of details. Thanks for sharing.

P.S - Please post one image per post. Thanks.

Tanmoy Sarkar
17-10-2019, 01:41 AM
Thank you. Yes a bit cropped. Sorry I'm just new to this site. Its taking me long to understand the features..

Mrudul Godbole
17-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Sorry I'm just new to this site. Its taking me long to understand the features..

Its fine. One image per post helps to comment :).

Samrat Sarkar
17-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Nice... also wish to see a wider version.
Samrat

Sabyasachi Patra
19-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Good to see so many bee-eaters. However, I would like to see such a frame without cropping. These days with cameras having higher megapixel resolution anyone can crop. However, if you are able to compose the same frame with the full resolution available in your camera, then you can print big. Also, for editorial applications of important publications cropping is not allowed. A reuters photographer was once kicked out for cropping an element out of the frame. Even though one doesn't aspire to shoot high end work, creating a self goal of not cropping photos ie creating composition completely in camera results in big improvements in the photographer.

There are also lot of artifacts visible in your image. If this image is from an area near to you then I would suggest you to set up a hide and then photograph them. It will give you the ability to take up closeups without cropping. Several years ago, I had filmed this https://youtu.be/tqocpyGA3GA
https://youtu.be/tqocpyGA3GA
Most of the shots are at 400mm or 560mm. And I had barely hidden myself. So you can do better with a proper hide. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi