PDA

View Full Version : In the dreamy world

Prajwal J Ullal
24-11-2019, 08:44 PM
ID: Flower mantis

A magnificent, yet small, mantis that had taken refuge on the cockscomb flower, n the early morning of the post monsoon trial, seemed a bit lethargic, probably due to the cold weather. With the lethargy, it seemed less bothered by our presence and, apart from keeping a keen eye with our activity, just stayed kaput on the flower, just flowing around with the mild breeze that kept o n blowing. The location of the beauty was a bit suspicious as it was at the top of the flower, not ideal for it as its predatory vibes may make it an easy target for its predator, but I guess it was either looking out for some prey or it was looking out for the best location to heat itself up

EXIF:
Canon 80DCanon 100mm macro
F/11
Shutterspeed 1/160
ISO 320
Handheld, External flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
25-11-2019, 12:52 PM
The composition looks good. Knowing the behavior of the species helps while photographing them :). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
31-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Your shutter speed was low. I find for macro work one needs some support or else the image appears soft in higher magnification and/or while cropping. Some sensor dust in your lens. This reminds me that I too have to clean my sensor. Composition is fine. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi