PDA

View Full Version : Nagarahole Tiger reserve

Sundar Amartur
09-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Yet another tigress. This one from Nagarahole Tiger reserve, Karnataka.

Mrudul Godbole
10-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Nice sighting of this young beautiful tigress. Slight more space at the top to show more of the habitat (more proportional framing) would have been nice. Please post equipment and EXIF details to help in commenting. Thanks for sharing.

Sundar Amartur
10-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Thanks Mrudul. The animal was on the forest road and didn't really show its true habitat. Guess I should have included a bit of the space around it.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-12-2019, 11:49 AM
In Nagarhole the vehicles are tall. So when we click image of an animal close by the angle is very steep because of which the background is the mud/dirt road. A lower angle would have helped get the background diffused. More space at the top would have been better. While clicking always keep in mind to check if the vertical orientation works better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sundar Amartur
11-12-2019, 12:47 PM
In Nagarhole the vehicles are tall. So when we click image of an animal close by the angle is very steep because of which the background is the mud/dirt road. A lower angle would have helped get the background diffused. More space at the top would have been better. While clicking always keep in mind to check if the vertical orientation works better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
Point taken. My problem has been the reach of the lens I have (300mm). The subject was at a considerable distance (for obvious reasons). I am planning to rent a longer lens in the future.

Sundar Amartur
11-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Here is the version with more space around the Tiger. Maybe she liked this wet patch on the road because it is a cool place to rest.You can notice the vehicular tracks on the patch. The road has an upward gradient and we had halted at the bottom.

V S Sankar
22-12-2019, 11:20 AM
Nice pic of a Tigress,probably very young.Nagarhole is the best place to spot Tigers!

Regards

V S Sankar