PDA

View Full Version : Avian airshow (2)

Sundar Amartur
16-12-2019, 09:15 PM
This shot at early dawn shows the size of bird swarm over Thol lake.
70 mm, 1/100 sec; f/5.6; ISO 3200

Mrudul Godbole
17-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Its great to see so many birds visiting this place. Were these cormorants? I liked the composition, shows the habitat of the lake. A lot of birds can be seen in the water in the background. As the light was bad, the shutter speed was less (even with ISO 3200), were you clicking hand held? Thanks for sharing.

Sundar Amartur
17-12-2019, 11:34 AM
Its great to see so many birds visiting this place. Were these cormorants? I liked the composition, shows the habitat of the lake. A lot of birds can be seen in the water in the background. As the light was bad, the shutter speed was less (even with ISO 3200), were you clicking hand held? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mrudul. If I recall correctly, I did use the tripod for this and others in the batch.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Agree with Mrudul. Also I think it would have been even better if there were more birds in the water. At present there is not much action in the water. So reducing the space at the bottom can improve the composition a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sundar Amartur
17-12-2019, 07:03 PM
Agree with Mrudul. Also I think it would have been even better if there were more birds in the water. At present there is not much action in the water. So reducing the space at the bottom can improve the composition a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
There were lots of birds in the water but not at this location. Guess I could have cropped a bit at the bottom.