PDA

View Full Version : Hoverfly in Air

Arun Acharjee
01-04-2020, 01:45 PM
(*From old collections)
Capturing species activities is much pleasing. This one is called hoverfly as they often seen hovering near the twig or leaf or flower and so on they have interests. This time the species was much friendly and I able to capture a number of shots. Also, this is the time I able to capture any hoverfly-in-flight successfully for the first time.

EXIF Info:
Nikon D7000
Nikon 105mm Macro f2.8
Aperture: f/18
ISO: 500
Shutter Speed: 1/160s

Handheld, edited, cropped(almost 70% is visible), flash fired with diffuser

Thank you.

Mrudul Godbole
02-04-2020, 07:25 PM
Nice you could get it in flight pose. The head area is visible clearly. It stands out nicely against the green background. Slight noise in the background due to the cropping, I think. Nice capture. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-04-2020, 01:59 PM
Arun,
This is nice. You got it in flight and that is a win. The flash has managed to freeze the head. If the background would have been dark, then the wings would have come out better. When the background foliage is at a distance from the subject then the flash light falls off fast and helps the background in appearing dark. In such situations the wings can come out clear. Keep on trying these kinds of flight shots. The success percentage would be low. However, I would love to see more such shots from you. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi