PDA

View Full Version : A rarest one from Taiga

Sandipan Ghosh
02-04-2020, 07:08 PM
During the birding trip (Feb, 2020) at the Teesta Barrage, Gajoldoba (Jalpaiguri, West Bengal) I have found many variety of migratory ducks and raptors. Here it is a rare vagrant from the Boreal wetlands of Taiga Biome (Scandinavia, the Baltic States, and northern Russia). This is a female Common Goldeneye. It is very shy diving duck and it does not allow a close approach So, I have to manage a very distant shot from the boat (heavily cropped image).
Nikon D500, Nikkor 200-500 mm
500 mm, f/6.3, 1/1250s, iso 400

Mrudul Godbole
02-04-2020, 07:33 PM
Rare sighting. The 'goldeneye' looks nice. Its good you got a chance to sight and photograph it :). Was any blurring/sharpening done? Even if it is crop, you can post it as is, as not all times we can get closer to the subject and I feel that sharpening kind of enhances the noise in the image. Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Look forward to more.

Sandipan Ghosh
02-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Rare sighting. The 'goldeneye' looks nice. Its good you got a chance to sight and photograph it :). Was any blurring/sharpening done? Even if it is crop, you can post it as is, as not all times we can get closer to the subject and I feel that sharpening kind of enhances the noise in the image. Thanks for sharing the detailed information. Look forward to more.

Thanks madam for the observation.....I have image sharpening not blurring........ok I shall post a wider shot.....

Sabyasachi Patra
03-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Nice to see this record shot. Always mention the dates wherever possible, so that later if required one can cite it. This is more important when you find a species in an area which is not covered under the existing protected area network. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sandipan Ghosh
05-04-2020, 11:54 AM
Nice to see this record shot. Always mention the dates wherever possible, so that later if required one can cite it. This is more important when you find a species in an area which is not covered under the existing protected area network. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Thanks sir....The photograph was clicked on 10th Feb, 2020.