PDA

View Full Version : Dhole chasing spotted deer sequel II

Praveen Siddannavar
20-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Ok as requested I have posted the image of dhole chasing the deer specially for you guys... Enjoy:)

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D
Shooting Date/Time 8/7/2009 8:48:36 AM
Shooting Mode Sports
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 400
Lens EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Focal Length 400.0 mm

Bibhav Behera
20-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Nice image. The horizon can be straightened.. Please post the new images in a new thread. That helps in easier critiquing :)

Sabyasachi Patra
21-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Superb action. Is it a big crop? The quality has deteriorated. The horizon is tilted. I know that at times in such adrenal pumping events, we forget to straighten the horizon. However, that takes away a lot from the image.

I tried to straighten the horizon. However, that means sacrificing some more pixels of an already small image. So the quality has gone down a lot. It is better that you work on your original image to straighten it.

The tips section has a tip on straightening the horizon in lightroom.
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1510

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

PS: I moved your image to a new thread.

Mrudul Godbole
21-09-2009, 03:29 PM
We can now visualise the whole scene :). The repost looks better, but has taken away lot from the BG. Some more space on the left, infront of the deer would have added to the composition further. A narrower aperture like f8 would have helped to get the whole scene in focus.

Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
21-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Lovely sequence of images, Praveen. You were really lucky to witness this, luckier yet to be able to document it.