PDA

View Full Version : White Rumped Shama

Shyamala Kumar
07-04-2020, 07:43 PM
Nikon D 500+150-600 ,ISO400 ,F/8 ,1/200s ,Seethanadi , afternoon March 2019 .

Mrudul Godbole
08-04-2020, 12:03 PM
Nice sighting. Good eye contact and the vertical composition looks good to include its long tail feathers. There is some loss of details and noise, maybe due to crop. Have heard its melodious calls early mornings in the jungles, but not got a good photograph of it yet :(. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Nice pose. The eye contact is nice. Did you hear its voice this time? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-04-2020, 07:47 PM
Lovely image. Beautiful eyes.
Krishnan's favourite song-bird.
He wrote:
" ... Shama should be heard in the deciduous forests that are its natural home. The feathery, cool green leaves and intricate tracery of the bamboo branchlets provide a fit auditorium for its welling melody, ineffably sad to the human ear at one moment and cascading with liquid delight the next. .....
But then I am writing only of human apprehension of birdsong and nothing that I have ever heard has affected me so spontaneously and deeply as Shama's song. "-M.Krishnan
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Shyamala Kumar
09-04-2020, 08:04 PM
Lovely image. Beautiful eyes.
Krishnan's favourite song-bird.
He wrote:
" ... Shama should be heard in the deciduous forests that are its natural home. The feathery, cool green leaves and intricate tracery of the bamboo branchlets provide a fit auditorium for its welling melody, ineffably sad to the human ear at one moment and cascading with liquid delight the next. .....
But then I am writing only of human apprehension of birdsong and nothing that I have ever heard has affected me so spontaneously and deeply as Shama's song. "-M.Krishnan
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

So Beautiful .Thank you Saktipadaji .

Shyamala Kumar
09-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Nice pose. The eye contact is nice. Did you hear its voice this time? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

There were more than a couple of these flitting through the undergrowth and during the two days I was there I did here their soulful notes on more then one occasion especially during the morning hours,