PDA

View Full Version : Third time lucky

Prajwal J Ullal
23-04-2020, 09:44 PM
ID: Green Marsh Hawk

Me and my daughter have been spotting this beauty for the past few days, perched near our bedroom window, but could never frame it as it just flew off the moment I reached out to it and wouldn’t return, atleast for the next 5mins or the till my patience gave up. Today seemed to be a different day, not only I could frame it with my dslr with the range of lenses, eventually, it seemed comfortable to pose for my closer reaching mobile camera too, not sure if the same could be managed with the kits lens.
What’s surprising to observe was the presence of, what seemed like, parasitic wasp that seemed to keep on irritate the mighty beauty, making it twitch its front limbs, probably in an attempt to steer off the wasp.

EXIF:
Redmi K20 Pro
F/1.75
Shutterspeed 1/1185
ISO 112
Handheld, No flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
05-05-2020, 04:03 PM
Good you finally were able to photograph it :). I feel presently the iron bar is dividing the frame in two halves, so maybe you could have tried moving the camera to have less space on the right or tried a vertical composition with the bar on the right of the frame. Thanks for sharing.