PDA

View Full Version : Sloth Bear ,Nagarhole

Shyamala Kumar
05-09-2020, 08:31 PM
This was an unexpected crossing .There was a waterhole on the left and the bear was surprised by the sudden arrival of our vehicle on the scene .One minute he was near the water next second he had bounded up on level and swiftly crossed the road but not before he checked us out for one split second . Nikon D850 ISO 220 ,F/8 1/500s .

Mrudul Godbole
07-09-2020, 10:33 AM
Superb sighting. Loved the pose, with the raised left paw. You also got it in good light in the open. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
07-09-2020, 01:00 PM
Magnificent pic of a sloth bear looking at the camera.As said by Mrudulji the lighting was favourable.Not a very common animal to see while visiting wildlife sanctuaries!

Regards

V S Sankar

Sabyasachi Patra
07-09-2020, 03:30 PM
Good that the place where the bear paused is not in shadow. Bears are surprisingly swift climbers and several times in my early years of photography I had missed getting the right shot as I couldn't anticipate how fast they could be. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saktipada Panigrahi
10-09-2020, 09:44 PM
Nice image.The bear, it seems, has crossed its prime. Happy that the bear, a very unpredictable animal, had chosen to give you such a beautiful pose. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild