PDA

View Full Version : Reflections

Shyamala Kumar
12-10-2020, 08:12 PM
Nikon D 850+200-500 F/8 ,1/500,ISO 900 .This pack had driven a spotted deer into the center of a lake and were hanging around probably planning their next course of action .Nagarhole August 2020

Sabyasachi Patra
12-10-2020, 08:41 PM
Interesting. Did they jump into the water for the hunt? Generally the spotted deer are pushed into water and these wild dogs make the deer swim and lose strength. Several years ago, I had seen a very interesting hunt where the dholes had pushed sambars into water. Sambar due to its greater height can stand and attack the dholes. At the same water level the spotted deer need to swim. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
13-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Nice behavior captured, showing how the wild dogs wait for the prey to tire out and so they can attack it. The reflection looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

V S Sankar
13-10-2020, 09:45 PM
Nice pic of a pack of wild dogs.These sort of drama happens always in the wilderness.We are fortunate to observe a few of them.The place gives an eerie feeling.

Regards

V S Sankar

Saktipada Panigrahi
14-10-2020, 05:28 PM
Fascinating. Dholes are master planners. Grim situation has developed.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Shyamala Kumar
16-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Interesting. Did they jump into the water for the hunt? Generally the spotted deer are pushed into water and these wild dogs make the deer swim and lose strength. Several years ago, I had seen a very interesting hunt where the dholes had pushed sambars into water. Sambar due to its greater height can stand and attack the dholes. At the same water level the spotted deer need to swim. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

When we left the spotted deer was still neck deep in water .On the other side there was a steep bandh .We wondered why the spotted deer did not make dash for it . Probably the dogs could have cut it off.

Murugan Anantharaman
02-11-2020, 08:23 AM
Lovely image of the dholes by the water body waiting for the deer to come out. There was a lovely series by Praveenji (In Natural History section) many years back when a pack of dholes chased a deer into the water and also swam in to kill it. This reminded me of it, Thanks for sharing.