PDA

View Full Version : Khalij Pheasant Male

Sabyasachi Patra
19-10-2020, 12:40 PM
This is a male Khalij pheasant. There is a distinct difference between the male and female. This is from my archives. When I sighted a group of 5-6 Khalij pheasants, I had lied down on my belly to get a low angle shot. They didn't notice me as I was hidden.

I had the 2X TC attached to my 400mm f2.8 lens. So at 800mm this was very close and I was struggling to fit in the bird in my frame. It was evening and light was low. So 800mm f5.6, 1/50.

There were lot of dried sticks, bushes and white rocks on the ground. Shooting through those gave a soft look to number of areas in the image. Hopefully soon we can again visit these fabulous places in Uttarakhand.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Shyamala Kumar
19-10-2020, 06:46 PM
Nice to see this male in all his glory .Though the composition is tight and the head feather has been cut off , the details of the eye look good .Thanks for sharing .

Mrudul Godbole
21-10-2020, 11:07 AM
The male looks are so royal, with the head feathers and the feathers on the chest giving a special look :). Loved the eye contact. Visiting Corbett is on my list for a long long time, don't know when it will happen. Hoping for next year (keeping my fingers crossed :)). Thanks for sharing.