PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying the morning sip of nature

Prajwal J Ullal
11-02-2021, 10:07 PM
ID: Tiny grass blue feeding on bushmint flower

One of the most common butterflies seen fluttering around in the ground level, during the daytime, these are a very difficult subject to frame, especially once the sun has spread its, and what makes it even more difficult is the size of the beauty, at 12-15mm, they hardly can be spotted that easily. Usually seen in good numbers in the wintery mornings, this particular area had several of these butterflies fluttering around, and though I tried to spot one and frame it but wasn’t much lucky as these almost kept on disappearing in the dry area. Eventually though spotted this particular one who kept on fluttering around some flowers and, to my luck, eventually landed on one of the flowers for a long enough time to frame the beauty.

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
f/7.1
Shutterspeed 1/400
ISO 250
Handheld, External flash fired (fill in)

Mrudul Godbole
12-02-2021, 09:42 AM
Beautiful. You captured it nicely, perched on the violet flower. Agree I have tried to photograph butterflies, and it becomes difficult to compose as they keep flying off. Good details on the eye and the wings. The clean background adds to the composition. Nice capture. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-03-2021, 01:16 PM
Nice image. It is tough to get enough depth of field at close distances. The wings give a hint of movement. Clicking butterflies is not easy. Early morning their movement is a bit slow, so one can reach closer. Else it is tough to go close and frame them. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi