PDA

View Full Version : Resting angel

Prajwal J Ullal
02-04-2021, 08:58 PM
ID: Tiny grass blue

One of the smallest butterflies seen in and around Mumbai, these tiny beauties are usually difficult to spot and frame, especially during the midst of the day, but luckily for me, the early morning and the cold weather helped out in framing the beauty, which had decided to rest on the tip of the flower. The early morning sun’s rays added a spice onto the frame making the simple frame a bit more interesting. The greyish colour of these tiny butterflies, apart from its size, helps a lot to stay away from even of the keenest of the eyes, especially against the dry foliage of the surroundings that they like to flutter around in.

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
F/6.3
Shutterspeed 1/200
ISO 160
Handheld, external flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
05-04-2021, 11:53 AM
The sunlight has given a nice rim lighting effect. Good details. The out of focus background also adds to the composition. Thanks for sharing.

P.S - Hope you are feelign better. Get well soon. Take care.

Prajwal J Ullal
05-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Thanks, I have been keeping well, no major symptoms since several days, hoping to be cleared from Home quarantine.
Had to take extra precautions, to avoid spreading the same to family members.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-04-2021, 12:46 PM
I like the rim lighting. I wish some more depth of field so that the perch would have come out better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi