PDA

View Full Version : The Magnificent Rayakhasa

Shyamala Kumar
24-05-2021, 08:11 PM
Nikon D750+150-600 ISO 1600 1/250s ,F/8 FL400mm , Pench Feb 2019. We were extremely lucky to sight this famous male a couple of years back .

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-05-2021, 09:35 PM
Magnificent male. Nice image. So confident that it is oblivious of human presence.
Appears to be as big as Wagdoh male of Tadoba.
Which one is bigger? Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

V S Sankar
25-05-2021, 10:38 AM
The Tiger looks quite bulky and strong.Tiger photo in grassland is always fascinating.Penh is high on my list of places to make a visit!.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mrudul Godbole
25-05-2021, 01:27 PM
Lovely sighting of this huge male in the open. Agree with Saktida, he is walking past confidently without giving any look at the people around. The narrow aperture (f8) has helped. Thanks for sharing.

Shyamala Kumar
25-05-2021, 05:21 PM
Magnificent male. Nice image. So confident that it is oblivious of human presence.
Appears to be as big as Wagdoh male of Tadoba.
Which one is bigger? Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Sakipadaji ,I saw Shiva son of Wagdoh much closer and he appeared to me of more massive proportions than Rayakhasa
This of course is my perception, taking into account the difference in time span between the sightings..

Vineet Shrivastava
02-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Beautiful image. Even I had sighted this magnificent male a few years back. At that time 'Rayakhasa' had gotten into a fight with an another male and was injured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-06-2021, 03:56 PM
Love the well built tiger. Watching a grown up tiger moving around in the wilds is always a fantastic experience.

Did you click it late in the morning or early in the afternoon? How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Shyamala Kumar
06-06-2021, 09:57 PM
Love the well built tiger. Watching a grown up tiger moving around in the wilds is always a fantastic experience.

Did you click it late in the morning or early in the afternoon? How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

This was late afternoon in the month of Feb .When we came to the scene the tiger who seemed to have been resting in the grass on the roadside got up and crossed the road .Within seconds he was gone.