PDA

View Full Version : Sambar Deer:Sariska!

V S Sankar
25-05-2021, 10:32 AM
Saktiji mentioned about Sambar Deers of Sariska in my previous post and I thought of posting one pic from there.Sariska is very a fascinating place with an eerie feeling to its surroundings.The place is so silent and only the alarm calls of herbivores and monkeys break that silence!

Canon 80 D,Canon 100-400 IS II USM,f5,1/1000,ISO 250 at 100mm.

Regards

V S Sankar

Mrudul Godbole
25-05-2021, 01:33 PM
Nice sighting of this big stag. Its good you got the head part in light. The brown coat looks nice and shiny. The dried grass and the throny vegetation depicts the habitat in Sarika nicely. Some peacocks/peahens can be seen in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Nice image. Antler and browtine are good.
Sariska was amongst first 9 sanctuaries declared as tiger reserves in 1973.
It did not come up. Possibly disturbances of 2 highways may be the reason. For the same reason, Shivpuri, once known for largest tigers lost its glory for ever.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

John Gryphon
02-06-2021, 02:52 PM
That is a lovely capture of him walking.

Vineet Shrivastava
02-06-2021, 09:50 PM
Lovely image. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-06-2021, 04:03 PM
Nice to see this one. The sambar has its tail up, though not completely to indicate alarm.

There is a lot of pilgrim traffic to the temple. If I remember correctly, saturday and tuesday people can enter free of charge. Wherever villages are inside the forest, there is poaching. We need willpower to protect our forests. It would be pertinent to mention that Rajesh Pilot was agreeable to create a corridor between Sariska and Ranthambhore, even though his village would have been impacted. Unfortunately, he died soon. We don't have many politicians who understand and care for conservation.