PDA

View Full Version : Face off with the predator

Prajwal J Ullal
17-06-2021, 08:01 PM
ID: Crimson dropwing

A unique angled frame of the dragonfly, this particular one seemed a bit lethargic due to the wintery morning (January), hence wasn’t much bothered with me approaching it with he camera kit, and eventually giving me this sight with the sky in the backdrop. Commonly seen near waterbodies, this particular beauty had selected a slopy area few meters from the riverbed to rest for the night, and hadn’t moved, probably as the sun’s rays hadn’t reached this particular spot due to the dense fog and the vegetation. One of the key elements in keeping the mosquito population in check, these species tend to feast on them both in the larval stage and adult stages, apart from the wide variety of other insects.

EXIF:
Canon 80D
Canon 100mm macro
F/11
Shutterspeed 1/160
ISO 400
Handheld, external flash fired

Mrudul Godbole
18-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Lovely details in the eyes and the face. The head on angle is not taken in most cases, so its nice to see the close-up of the face :). Is that a insect nest build of some kind in the foreground? Thanks for sharing.

P.S - Some dust spots can be seen in the lower and left part of the frame. Time to clean the sensor :).

Sabyasachi Patra
27-06-2021, 11:05 AM
The inverted V shape or triangle shape composition looks nice. The focus is fine. I agree that there are some dust spots in the sensor.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi