PDA

View Full Version : The Fight - Black Bucks

Vineet Shrivastava
03-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Nikon P900 , 1/1250 , F5.6 , ISO 280. Cropped from bottom. PP in Adobe Lightroom.

Clicked on 2nd January 2021 at Bidar.

Mrudul Godbole
03-08-2021, 03:39 PM
They have lovely long, ringed horns. Liked the details and the composition. Its good you included the female (she too has nice horns) in the background observing the fight. Were you in a gypsy? Thanks for sharing.

Vineet Shrivastava
03-08-2021, 07:38 PM
Thank you for viewing and sharing you views Mrudul ma'am. I was not in a gypsy but instead my car. I think that female black bucks don't have horns and the individual in the background is a juvenile male.

Saktipada Panigrahi
05-08-2021, 09:47 PM
All the three Blackbuck are Males. Nice image.
The two Adult males with dark brown colouration are fighting, a common phenomenon. The dark reddish coloured blackbuck is an immature male.
Female Blackbuck does not possess any horn.
In India, only female Indian Gazelle, also called as Chinkara has thin lyrate horns amongst all deer and antelopes. Thanks for sharing.
SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
06-08-2021, 03:48 PM
All the three Blackbuck are Males. Nice image.
The two Adult males with dark brown colouration are fighting, a common phenomenon. The dark reddish coloured blackbuck is an immature male.
Female Blackbuck does not possess any horn.
In India, only female Indian Gazelle, also called as Chinkara has thin lyrate horns amongst all deer and antelopes. Thanks for sharing.
SaktiWild

I think I had read it somewhere about females having horns, got it confused with Female Blackbuck :mellow:. Thanks Vinnet and Saktida, for correcting. :).

Sabyasachi Patra
09-08-2021, 10:08 PM
Nice image of blackbucks sparring with each other. The fellow in the background will have to bid for its time before it can test its strength against others. I hope these graceful blackbucks get enough grasslands to survive. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Shyamala Kumar
10-08-2021, 08:18 PM
Beautiful image from the grasslands of Bidar .Glad to see that these grasslands are still in existence.Thanks for sharing .

V S Sankar
11-08-2021, 07:57 PM
Nice image of Black bucks in fight(Mock or real I dont know!)....I am guessing that you might have used a long lens.If I am not mistaken these animals are very skittish and dont like the presence of humans at close quarters......I want to visit this place one day!

Regards

V S Sankar