PDA

View Full Version : Mayfly

Arun Acharjee
27-08-2021, 01:08 AM
Mayflies are considered as one of the humblest insect species that found so commonly in our houses. Even their appearance is so humble. I just noticed it resting on the glass cover of my PC cabinet. Though I captured them earlier, I hardly want to miss this posture on the glass only to record its underpart which is really hard to record. It is the cropped portion from the original frame only to emphasize the main body of the species.

EXIF Info:
Nikon D7000
Nikon 105mm f/2.8 macro VR
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/25
Shutter Speed: 1/125s
Godox TT685N With Homemade Diffuser
Edited, Cropped, Handheld

Hope you enjoy.
Have a good day.

Mrudul Godbole
30-08-2021, 12:20 PM
Beautiful. The white body with the yellow and red colours looks nice against the dark background. The patterns in the wings and its reflection has given a nice effect. Even the patterns in the eye can be seen. Lovely capture. Thanks for sharing.

P.S:- Since it is a crop, would love to see a slight wider composition (with the tail (?) tips on the right), maybe a rectangular framing. Thanks.

Arun Acharjee
30-08-2021, 03:19 PM
Thank you so much Mrudul ji for your complements. This one is the larger version of the main post.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-08-2021, 03:33 PM
Arun,
This has come out really nice. I agree about the tail. How much of a crop is this? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi Patra
30-08-2021, 03:35 PM
While I was typing my comment, perhaps you were posting the wider version. The wider version looks lovely, as if there is a ballet going on. I like this. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
31-08-2021, 02:21 PM
The wider framing looks really good :). Loved the composition and the colours. Lovely capture. Thanks for posting the wider composition.