PDA

View Full Version : Blue-throated Barbet

Samrat Sarkar
13-10-2021, 08:52 PM
Our village has a good population of papaya trees and Blue-throated barbet are also very common through out the year. Specially this colorful bird easily grab our attention while enjoying ripe papaya fruits. Many years back I documented the nestling feeding behavior of this bird in my village. You can check that documentation in this link. That was my first natural history work published in monthly newsletter of IndiaWilds.
https://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?16512-Feeding-behaviour-of-young-Blue-throated-Barbet-(Megalaima-asiatica)-by-their-parents

Canon EOS 7D + Canon 500mm f4 + Monopod
ISO 400, 1/125, f8, full frame

Mrudul Godbole
14-10-2021, 02:12 PM
It has such striking blue, green and red colours. The orange papaya which is nearly eaten adds to the colours in the image. Loved the pose and the eye contact. Nice capture. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
16-10-2021, 06:44 PM
Thats a barbet with a good appetite, a sizeable portion has been eaten. The colors look vibrant and the details are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-10-2021, 09:53 AM
Lovely. The eye contact is nice. The orange papaya tells a story. A slightly wider frame with more space on the left would have been even better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi