PDA

View Full Version : Elephants of Assam-The Freeze

Shyamala Kumar
19-02-2022, 07:46 PM
Nikon 850+200-500 ,ISO2500 ,1/1250s, F/7.1 ,FL200mm Nov 2021 Manas , late evening.We came suddenly upon this herd on the Manas riverside and caused a rippling effect of consternation .In a single moment they froze as on some unheard command and there was total silence for about four or five moments as if waiting for us to move on.When we held our ground as if on another silent command the herd moved out of the river across to the opposite bank and disappeared in a silent and dignified formation .

Saktipada Panigrahi
20-02-2022, 12:43 PM
Nice image and nice caption.
Beautiful scene as if everything has frozen. So happy to see some giants growing up reminiscent of my encountering huge tuskers in April 1979.
Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

V S Sankar
20-02-2022, 06:43 PM
Very nice to see so many elephants by the side of a river.The Assam Elephants are distinct from the Elephants seen in other parts of India;say Kerala.Very nice pic.

Regards

V S Sankar

Sabyasachi Patra
20-02-2022, 10:02 PM
Wow! Nice to see an image from Manas. Serene moment. Watching a family of elephants in this setting must have been very enjoyable. Elephants often fill me with joy. They arouse compassion, love and myriad of emotions in me. Thanks for sharing. Cheers,Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
21-02-2022, 10:50 AM
A beautiful environmental composition. View of the dense tree cover in the background give a nice feel of the Manas landscape. Nice to see the herd with females, adolescents and calves. Look forward to see more from Manas. Thanks for sharing.