View Full Version : Flying Gulls

Hari Iyer
04-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Dhapoli, Maharashtra
Nikon F70s 300 mm
F-5,6/ET-1/650 handheld

Bibhav Behera
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I like this image primarily because the birds are in focus mostly even at F 5.6 ... This is probably highlighted due to the nicely OOF background... The horizon is tilted, which can be straightened in PP...
TFS...
:)

Mrudul Godbole
04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
A different composition. A narrow aperture would have been great, to get all the birds in more focus. Nice BG.

Keep posting..

Sabyasachi Patra
04-10-2009, 02:03 PM
In these types of images, one needs to be very careful about the frame edges. Cutting of birds at the frame edges can be distracting. One needs to do a lot of trials. If I am not wrong, this is a big crop. I would go back to the original and try to crop so that less of birds are cut.

We don't know whether it is photographed in a slope or not. So I wont suggest correcting the horizon here. Infact, if we look at the wings, then I think giving a clock wise rotation may not be a best idea.

What ISO did you use? I couldn't find that in the EXIF embedded in the image. I would have loved a higher depth of field in this case. So atleast f8 or higher. Ofcourse, shutter speed had to be maintained higher.

In a few cases, you can also try using a slow shutter speed and create nice motion blurs.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi