PDA

View Full Version : Indian Burrowing Frog

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Found this one at Karnala Bird Sanctuary a couple of weeks back.

Very little information is available about its habits as it is a burrowing species. Only seen for a short period during the monsoons when they surface to breed.
Females about 5 cm long, males about 4 cm (snout to vent).

Camera Model Name Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv (Shutter Speed) 1/60
Av (Aperture Value) 8.0
Exposure Compensation -2
ISO Speed 100
Flash On
Flash Exposure Compensation -2
Shutter curtain sync 1st-curtain
White Balance Cloudy
AF Range Mode Macro
Cropped
A first find for me. Luckily got my first photograph of this species at the same time :)
By the way my 516th post (i.e. my 1st thread after crossing 500 posts) :)

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques awaited.

Bibhav Behera
05-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Abhishek Congratulations... :)
The composition looks good. The catchlight is nice in the eye. The pattern formed by the rock is nice too, forms sort of a diagonal... overall nice. TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
05-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Abhishek,
Congratulations! Crossing 500 posts and that too qualitative posts is a nice landmark. Keep it up. Look forward to 5000. :D

It is nice watching some of the images of the lesser known, nevertheless important species. Appreciate the accompanying info.

I notice that you have used -2 flash exposure compensation. There is still scope for toning down the flash. Have you tried rear-curtain sync in the flash? For static subjects 1st-curtain sync is fine. If there is any movement, then better to go for the 2nd curtain sync. You will then have a trail following the movement. In case of 1st curtain sync, if there is a movement, then the trail will be infront of it. Try clicking a frog jumping and you will notice the difference.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
05-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks both for your replies.
Sabyasachi, thanks for that info abt 1st and 2 nd curtain sync. Really wanted to know more on that, thanks. Will try them out soon.

Mrudul Godbole
06-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Congrats..!!

Sharp image. Liked the catchlight in the eye. Its good to see all these species from you. Thanks for sharing.