PDA

View Full Version : My first post-Baya Weavers

Swati Gavde
06-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Shot near Kamshet, Pune

Nikon D70s, Nikkor 80-400 VR

Bibhav Behera
06-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Nice first post. I like the environment shown in the image. Nice composition. Would have been better if you used a narrower aperture to get the second baya in focus too... Thanks for sharing... do keep posting :)

Mrudul Godbole
06-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Beautiful first post. Liked the composition and the perch. The BG is nice and compliments the birds. Do post the EXIF details to help to comment better.

Look forward to more..

Sabyasachi Patra
06-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Swati,
Nice first post. Please post the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focal length and if crop then how much amount of crop. That would help us in visualising the image and commenting.

This image gives a nice feel of the habitat. I would have liked greater depth of field. Using a narrow aperture like f8, f11 if possible - narrow aperture reduces the amount of light passing through the lens and hence the shutter speed is reduced - would help in bringing both the birds into focus. The composition is nice. The positioning of the birds creates a nice triangular composition. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Vikram Gupchup
06-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome Swati
Nice first post.
Try a tighter composition with a classic rule of 3rds approach .Will work well here. The trailing creeper too will be better emphasized by the tighter compo.