Shot this at Bandipur over the weekend.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D
Shooting Date/Time 10/11/2009 7:10:56 AM
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 400

Bibhav Behera
12-10-2009, 04:32 PM
The perch is nice and the background seems clean. The Rule of Thirds Composition adds to the image.
Which software do you use for post processing? The image seems a bit soft even though the bird seems to be in focus. Perhaps you might look into that again.

Praveen Siddannavar
12-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Bibhav recently started using Adobe Photshop ver 7.0 but still not familar with all its features. It will be good if you guys can create a 5 or more step process for image post processing.

Sabyasachi this will help all beginers, what do you think?

Sabyasachi Patra
12-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Praveen,
The composition is fine. The branch looks nice. Ofcourse there are a few highlights that need to be recovered.

I think your suggestion is valid. We can put some steps. I had photoshop 6 but not Photoshop 7.1 version. I had tried out Photoshop CS3 as well. However, I don't find much use for it. The reason is Photoshop has lots of features. However, it was never designed with the photographers in mind. Adobe designed the Lightroom with the photographers in mind.

I shoot in RAW (and I expect every photographer should be shooting in RAW) format and not jpeg. I optimise my image in Adobe Photoshop lightroom. I can write on that and may be steps for people to optimise their jpeg images in photoshop.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
12-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Nice composition. Liked the perch. A bit more head turn in your direction would have enhanced the image further.

I agree with Sabyasachi about using Lightroom. It would be good if you get familiarised with using Lightroom it is ideal for photographers.