PDA

View Full Version : Mekedatu

Subramanya Shankar
13-10-2009, 07:54 AM
This photo was shot last sunday when i had visited a tourist spot called mekedatu (goat leap) which is 100 kms from bangalore.
The water flows between a gorge in full force. The hills on either side make it a picturesque spot for a photoshoot

EXIF Details are given below
Camera:canon 40d
Lens:Canon 10-22
Shutter:1/25
Aperture:f/22
Exposure Compensation:-0.33EV

Bibhav Behera
13-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I like this image. It seems well exposed. The diagonal flow and the rock pattern strengthens the image. I would tone down the sky highlights a bit. If you had included the tree in entirety, I believe it would have added as an interesting subject in the image along with the beautiful flow of the water through the gorge. Thanks for sharing

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
13-10-2009, 11:16 AM
nice view of the rocks..the sky seems so bright...it would have been better in the evening or in the morning hours...overall a nice image

Mrudul Godbole
14-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Liked the composition. The water leads the eye into the image. Agree about the highlights in the sky. Nice landscape.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Subramanya,
I like the composition with the river from the lower right corner. Since you are photographing landscape images, do consider investing in a Graduated Neutral density (GND) filter. A Graduted Neutral density filter can be used to tone down the sky. A 2 stop GND filter would be good. They are available in 1, 2 and 3 stop variety.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Subramanya Shankar
19-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Sabyasachi

Some more info or links on GND would be helpful along with any good brands and prices