PDA

View Full Version : Kerala Backwaters

Bibhav Behera
18-10-2009, 03:35 PM
This was shot in the backwaters of Kerala near Kochi. Didnt include a foreground on purpose to accentuate the cloud patterns... I found that the horizon looks curved. Distortion of the lens?

Nikon D80 @ 18mm
SS 1/160
F 18
ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
18-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I am ok with the composition. There is barrel distortion. Looks like you have been attempting HDR of late. The sky is too blue for my taste.

Bibhav Behera
18-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Yes Sabyasachi,
I had been experimenting. Had tried merging at 20% strength... I accidentally posted this. Both the images were in the same folder... Oopsie... :o
Here is the original image...

Sagar Patil
18-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Great Bibhav.
This is what the range of skies, all of us expect every time while shooting sky.

Yes I think distortion of the lens. I am confused abt extra distortion at left side.

Bibhav Behera
19-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Yes Sagar, There is substantial distortion in this lens. It is the stock lens of the D80 and isn't a very sturdily built one. It has a plastic mount. However the plus is that for a stock lens, is that it gives a decent amount of reach (although no VR). The sharpness of the lens is also good. When shooting landscapes, the distortion is evident. But then can't complain for a stock lens... :)

Mrudul Godbole
19-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Nice composition. The patterns in the clouds are good. Wish the buildings in the BG were not present.

Keep posting..