PDA

View Full Version : Elephant family

Siddhartha Gogoi
21-10-2009, 12:29 PM
This photograph was shot in Mudumalai during the safari, the sun was too harsh and the moment we arrived at the waterhole the Herd moved away hence I could not get any chance for compositions. This is more of a record shot.
Specifications: Focal Length 110.mm, ISO 250, White Balance: Shade, Aperture: f/4.2.

Thanks,
Siddhartha

Bibhav Behera
21-10-2009, 01:38 PM
The light actually looks nice. The composition is fine even if there isnt any eye contact. A higher F number would have helped... They dont look too healthy :(

Sabyasachi Patra
21-10-2009, 03:20 PM
I like the composition. A little bit of space at the bottom and left would have enhanced the image. The light was against you. Else, this would have looked much better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
21-10-2009, 05:53 PM
I liked this image, you can also try B&W effect it may look even better.

Siddhartha Gogoi
21-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi Guys,

Yeup you're right Bibhav the elephants do not look very healthy inspite of the availability of food and water at that time of the year, can't think of any reason why this would happen. Sabyasachi infact I did leave some space on the left but it was burn't out due to the harsh sun thats why I cropped it and had to crop the bottom also. And Praveen I also thought of trying the B&W effect but it would've lost the essence of the approach of the evening if the sunlight is not seen. Thanks Guys, appreciate it.

Cheers,
Sidd

Mrudul Godbole
21-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Nice composition. Liked the swaying tail and the dust in the air. Nice behaviour captured. Look forward to more..