Nikon D80
Sigma 170-500mm APO DG
Apereture: f/6.3
SS: 1/60
ISO: 500
Beanbag support

Praveen Siddannavar
26-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Lovely image Atul, look at its eyes amazing stuff. It looks like a huge male. Some more space at the top would have been nice.

what is the best time to visit Tadoba and how far is this from Nagpur? It will be nice if you can provide more details, i am assuming you live closer to Tadoba.

TFS

Bibhav Behera
26-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I would have included less water at the bottom as there isnt any reflection and it isnt as interesting. I might have considered including more space up top as Praveen Pointed out. Is this a big crop?

Atul Dhamankar
26-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Pravin,
Tadoba -Andhari Tiger Reserve is 170 km from Nagpur towards south, and only 25 km from Chandrapur city where I live. Chandrapur is a railway station on Delhi-Chennai route.I am studing tigers and wildlife of Tadoba for last 20 years and its like my next home. By the way this is a Tigress and of very huge sized.

Mrudul Godbole
26-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Nice environment photograph. Lovely eye contact. Liked the texture and details on the skin. Agree with the comments about the space.

Dos share more from Tadoba..

Praveen Siddannavar
26-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Atul Saheb, Thanks for your time during our telecom. I am simply impressed with your work and profile, Hats Off to you & your dedication to wildlife.
Long live you and the tigers.

Keep posting and share your experience at India Wilds.

Best wishes & regards,
Praveen Siddannavar

Sabyasachi Patra
27-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Praveen,
It is tough to go to Tadoba due to the connectivity issue. One needs to take a flight to Bombay and then to Nagpur or via Pune or Goa. For a short time there was a direct flight from Bangalore to Nagpur. If slight delay, then you miss the evening safari. Once the connecting flight was cancelled and I reached chandrapur by mid night. :D I have never taken a train from bangalore but from chennai the time taken is nearly same by train. These days I prefer the train as with your data card you can have internet connectivity most of the time.