PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish and anemone

Dipankar Mazumdar
26-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Clown Fish amongst the Anemones at the Reef near Lighthouse Dive site, Havelock Islands,Andaman Archepelago

Powershot D10 at f2.8, 1/80, ISO 80

The beauty underwater is amazing, Colours are in their truest forms , streaks of electric blues, canary yellows, reds and Oranges abound. I was mesmerised by what i saw for the hour or so that I was underwater and recommend it to every nature lover.

Bibhav Behera
26-10-2009, 04:12 PM
That is really beautiful. Extremely colourful... I love every bit of it. Had been to the Andamans long long back... Wish i knew how to photograph back then :(

Sabyasachi Patra
26-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Dipankar,
The underwater world is colourful. I am sure you had a great time. How many days were you there?

I hope to explore this underwater world some time soon. The fish on the top left is a welcome addition.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
26-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Nice to see some photographs from the underwater world. Lovely colours and composition. Looking forward to see more..

Sagar Patil
26-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Wow... lovely colors.

Great work.

Ranbir Mahapatra
27-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Clown fish reminds me of the blockbuster Disney movie "Finding Nemo". The main protagonist in the movie was also a clown fish.

Incidentally, after the release of the movie, there was a huge demand for pet clown fish - which lead to almost indiscriminate fishing for this variety in the oceans.

Another such example is the movie Jaws by Steven Spielberg. After the movie, the great white sharks (for a period) were killed just for the heck of it.

Abhishek Jamalabad
28-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Lovely image...