PDA

View Full Version : Flower

Siddhartha Gogoi
29-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I took this photo cause the flower looks quite different from any other that I've seen, the petals are upside down. Subject as seen by the naked eye no processing nothing at all.

Properties:
Focal Lenght: 300mm
ISO: 125
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure: 1/125
Lens: Sigma 70-300 mm APO DG Macro
Body: Nikon D80

Bibhav Behera
29-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Nice sharp image. The background is also clean. I like the lighting here. Did you use a fill flash? You can upload a larger image (upto 800px on the larger side)

Siddhartha Gogoi
29-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi Bibhav, the camera flash fired and I did not use any external Flash, I'll try to post a bigger version. Appreciate it.

Siddhartha

Abhishek Jamalabad
29-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Beautiful photograph of a beautiful subject... Really an interesting and unusual flower. Try to ID it if you can...
The flower stands out really well. Wondering why the left part is shadowed though (?)

Mrudul Godbole
30-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Lovely composition. The colours are beautiful. The dark green BG compliments the photograph. The inverted petals are really interesting. Where did you photograph this?

Siddhartha Gogoi
30-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Guys,

Abhishek I don't quite remember why the left part was darkened but I guess it would've been somewhere close to the stream and probably that part did not get sunlight and Mrudul this was photographed in the Nilrigis near a place called Kalhatty where I usually go for camping in the woods. I'll also try to get the ID. Thanks.

Sidd