PDA

View Full Version : Dhole - two heads???

Praveen Siddannavar
09-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Shot this is at Kabini during this summer, I liked the behavior & the affection of these two dholes, it was lovely to watch them.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D
Shooting Date/Time 5/24/2009 4:18:53 PM
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 800

Sabyasachi Patra
10-11-2009, 10:56 AM
The dhole at front appears to have moved when the image was clicked. The one at the back seems to be sharp. The increase in contrast has led to dark eyes. Overall the image looks dark and brightness can be increased a bit more. In this case, I would have experimented with a horizontal. Is this a big crop?

Their playful behaviour reinforces their bonding with each other. This behaviour is important as they are not endowed with physical attributes like large canines, body size etc like other carnivores, so they can't bring down prey alone.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
10-11-2009, 11:10 AM
The composition looks fine to me. Sharpness has been compromised here. Do try using a beanbag for shooting. They are not too expensive and can be made at home too. They help a lot when one is shooting from vehicles.

Mrudul Godbole
10-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Nice behavioural image. The image looks a bit underexposed, reducing the contrast would help. A horizontal composition with more space on the right would have enhanced the image further.

Look forward to more..

Chitrita Chatterjee
10-11-2009, 01:58 PM
:-) nice capture...

Praveen Siddannavar
10-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Ladies and Gents - Thanks for your comments and suggestions, I think I messed it up in post processing, i will try processing again with your suggestions.