PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Kestrel (female) with a Catch!

Praveen Siddannavar
11-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Shot this at Hasserghatta on the weekend, it was nice to watch the Krestel with a catch. She did test our patience, the shots never came to us easily we had to follow her all over the grassland:). This is a big crop.

Canon 40D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/400

Sabyasachi Patra
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Nice catch. What is it? You have caught it in mid air. The background is nicely diffused. This would have been fantastic if your vehicle would have been slightly to the left so that the eye contact would have been better. But knowing that you have been following it, it is never easy.

Our effort always goes in trying to get the subject as close as possible. This mound seems to be visited often. Next time, you can park your vehicle there and wait. Chances are that you may get it close.

Overall, I like this.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
11-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Lovely action captured. Its great that you could catch it in mid air. Liked the open beak and its pose. Agree with Sabyasachi, a bit more on the left, and you could have got excellent eye contact. Maybe next time :).

Bibhav Behera
11-11-2009, 06:34 PM
I agree with the comments and the composition. If i had to pick a nit, i would reduce the background highlights a bit.